MIZZOU TO THE LOU
SERIES IN ST. LOUIS
MIZZOU TO THE LOU
Mizzou Tigers Touch Down in St. Louis
The St. Louis Sports Commission and the University of Missouri partnered to produce the Mizzou to the Lou Series, which brought multiple Mizzou athletic events to the St. Louis area during the 2023-24 season.
Mizzou women’s soccer kicked off the series on September 10, 2023 against Missouri State with a 2-0 win at WWT Soccer Park. Mizzou football followed with a 34-27 victory over Memphis at the Dome on September 23, 2023. Rounding out 2023, Tiger Style wrestling dominated Illinois with a score of 29-6 in a historic dual onstage at Stifel Theatre on December 21.
Mizzou gymnastics completed the season’s series in St. Louis on February 16, 2024 at Family Arena. The Tigers competed in the Mizzou to the Lou Quad, which featured Florida, Illinois and Lindenwood. The Tigers made history with their first perfect 10 on bars in program history and claimed second with a season high team overall score of 197.475.
MIZZOU TO THE LOU HIGHLIGHTS
MIZZOU VS FLORIDA, ILLINOIS & LINDENWOOD GYMNASTICS QUAD MEET
FEBRUARY 16, 2024 | FAMILY ARENA
In front of 5,995 fans, the No. 14-ranked University of Missouri gymnastics team claimed second place, posting an overall team score of 197.475 on Friday evening inside Family Arena in St. Charles, Mo. It is the team’s best score of the season and marks the fifth time the Tigers have scored over 197 in 2024.
Senior Mara Titarsolej posted a record-breaking score in the anchor spot bars, stepping up to the plate in the anchor spot performed a flawless routine, securing the program’s first perfect 10 on bars (second of her career) and to clinch an event win.
Titarsolej’s program-best score lifted MU to its highest-ever team bars score of 49.500. She joined senior Kyra Burns, graduate student Sienna Schreiber and and junior Jocelyn Moore as the four Tigers to score 9.9 or higher.
On the floor, junior Amari Celestine clinched her second 9.950 in a row, positioning herself in a tie for first on the event with Florida’s Leanne Wong.
No. 6 Florida won the meet with a 197.925, while Illinois finished third with a 196.550 and Lindenwood rounded out the group with a 194.825. The top three teams beat their averages by at least four-tenths of a point.
Mizzou’s record improved to 8-3 on the year, including 2-3 against SEC competition.
MIZZOU VS ILLINOIS WRESTLING DUAL
DECEMBER 21, 2023 | STIFEL THEATRE
The No. 2-ranked University of Missouri wrestling team defeated Illinois in its Mizzou to the Lou match in Stifel Theatre on Thursday, Dec. 21. The Tigers move to 5-0, 3-0 in the Big 12, while the Illini are 3-3 overall.
Redshirt junior Noah Surtin earned a 6-1 decision at 125 pounds to get the dual started. Redshirt freshman Kade Moore earned his second consecutive major decision, winning 17-8 at 133 pounds. The Tigers kept it going as No. 20-ranked redshirt sophomore Josh Edmond followed at 141 pounds, defeating No. 18 Danny Pucino by a 10-5 decision. Just before the break, redshirt senior Brock Mauller secured a 14-5 major decision at 157 pounds, giving Mizzou a 14-3 lead.
Coming out of intermission, redshirt sophomore James Conway wrestled at 165 pounds, as junior Keegan O’Toole went up to 174 to take on No. 5 Edmond Ruth. O’Toole went to work and upset Ruth 12-7. Redshirt freshman Clayton Whiting kept the crowd on their feet, getting the fall against Cooper Wettig. Missouri finished strong with decisions from junior Rocky Elam (197) and redshirt senior Zach Elam (285), giving the Tigers a 29-6 win.
- Mizzou earned the 29-6 win in front of 2967 fans in the Stifel Theatre and is now 13-21 all-time against Illinois.
- Surtin, an Edwardsville, Illinois native, collected his ninth win of the season in front of the soldout crowd in St. Louis.
- Moore earned his second consecutive major decision at 133 pounds and his seventh win of the season.
- No. 20 Edmond upset No. 18-ranked Danny Pucino to collect his eighth win of the season.
- Collecting his seventh bonus-point victory and eighth win of the season, Mauller won by major decision at 157.
- Conway made his first dual-start of his career, wrestling at 165 pounds.
- O’Toole bumped up to 174 for the first time, upsetting No. 5 Edmond Ruth.
- Whiting collected his first fall of the season and sixth win.
MIZZOU VS MEMPHIS FOOTBALL GAME
SEPTEMBER 23, 2023 | THE DOME AT AMERICA’S CENTER
The differing styles of barbecue from Memphis and Missouri were on full display outside The Dome at America’s Center on Saturday (9/23), but inside the sauce was a little sweeter for the Missouri Tigers (4-0) in a 34-27 victory over the Memphis Tigers (3-1) in the “Mizzou to the Lou Classic.”
St. Louisans Brady Cook, Luther Burden III and Cody Schrader produced big plays in their hometown that keyed the victory. Cook got the Tigers started with a 76-yard scoring strike to Marquis Johnson and completed 18-of-25 passes for 341 yards. Burden had career highs with 10 receptions for 177 yards and when Memphis threatened late, Schrader ran for a 37-yard touchdown that produced Mizzou’s final points. Burden has topped the century mark in receiving in three straight games making him the fifth Tiger to do so. His 177 receiving yards were the most by any Tiger in the seven games played at the Dome.
Missouri was 4-0 for the first time since 2013 and has won seven in a row in St. Louis.
MIZZOU vs. MISSOURI STATE WOMEN’S SOCCER GAME
SEPTEMBER 10, 2023 | WWT SOCCER PARK
The University of Missouri soccer team defeated Missouri State, 2-0, on its trip to St. Louis for the Mizzou to the Lou series on Sunday, Sept. 9. The victory gave Mizzou a 4-1-2 record on the year, while the Bears dropped to 5-1-2 on the season.
- The win was the Tiger’s third against Missouri State, bringing the all-time record to 3-0-1 against the Bears. This marked the first game against the Bears since 1998, which the Mizzou won 7-1.
- Bella Hollenbach got her second win of the season, making five saves in the match, a season-high. Furthermore, the clean sheet was her first of the season and the fourth of her career.
- Kylee Simmons‘ 22nd-minute goal was her fifth of the 2023 season, and the assist from Bella Carillo was her second of the year and her Tiger career.
- Brianna Buels’ 51st-minute goal was her second of the 2023 season, and the assist from Olivia Chianelli was her second of the 2023 season.
- Freshman Ana DiMaria, a resident of Fenton, Mo., appeared at her home field, where her Grandfather is a member of the St. Louis Soccer Hall of Fame.
- The Tigers topped the Bears in shots (17-10) and shots on goal (7-5).
MIZZOU TO THE LOU NEWS
No. 3 Ranked Mizzou Gymnastics Team to Host Florida, Illinois and Lindenwood in Quad Meet on February 16 at Family Arena in St. Charles
TICKETS FOR MIZZOU TO THE LOU QUAD ON SALE THURSDAY, JANUARY 11 AT TICKETMASTER ST. LOUIS – January 10, 2024 – After one of…
No. 2 Ranked Mizzou Wrestling Team to Grapple No. 14 Illinois December 21 at Stifel Theatre in St. Louis
A highly-anticipated wrestling season for the preseason No. 2 ranked Missouri Tigers will include a showdown with border rival and No. 14 ranked…