MARYVILLE UNIVERSITY PRESIDENT MARK LOMBARDI ELECTED TO THIRD TERM AS SPORTS COMMISSION’S CHAIR
ST. LOUIS – Jan. 12, 2022 – The St. Louis Sports Commission is adding several regional business, civic and sports leaders to its volunteer board of directors. They will help the privately-funded nonprofit organization continue to fulfill its mission to make St. Louis a better place to live, visit, work and play through sports.
Incoming board directors include:
- Karen Ahlemeyer, Rugby STL
- Carlos Arraya, Bellerive Country Club General Manager and Chief Executive Officer
- Andrew Clyne, Comcast NBCUniversal Head of Data Management
- Brian Davies, Great Southern Bank Regional Managing Director
- Tyler Frank, Paramount Bank Executive VP & General Counsel
- Jason Hall, Greater St. Louis, Inc. Chief Executive Officer
- Sean Mulqueeny, Mulqueeny Eye Centers President
- John Peritore, Enterprise Holdings Vice President / General Manager
- Rick Ramos, Maritz Holdings Inc. EVP and Chief Financial Officer
- Ted Schnuck, Schnuck Markets Executive Vice President
- Drew Siebert, PARIC Corporation Project Executive
- Matthew Snyder, Centene Corporation Senior Vice President – Internal Audit, Compliance and Risk
The Sports Commission’s board of directors also re-elected Maryville University President Mark Lombardi to a third two-year term as chair of the Sports Commission through Dec. 31, 2023. Additionally, the board elected Michael Loynd, executive director of the Interco Charitable Trust, as vice chair of the organization. Joe Ambrose, vice chairman at First Bank, and Bill Seabaugh, partner with Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner, continue to serve as treasurer and secretary.
“We are grateful to once again welcome to our board a wonderful group of individuals who care deeply about St. Louis and understand the value sports have on our community,” said Frank Viverito, president of the St. Louis Sports Commission. “It’s also tremendously meaningful to our organization to have Mark Lombardi accept a third term as chair. We are so fortunate to benefit from Mark’s leadership, vision and generosity, as well as the incredible support he and Maryville provide the Musial Awards. The passion and drive to make a difference in our region shared by Mark and all of our directors is a great asset to the Sports Commission and St. Louis. We appreciate the backing we receive from them and the companies and organizations they represent.”
The Sports Commission attracts, creates and manages major sporting events for the St. Louis region. The organization works to enhance the area’s quality of life and to generate economic and social benefit for the community.
Upcoming events hosted or supported by the Sports Commission in 2022 include:
|Missouri Valley Conference Men’s Basketball Tournament||March 3-6||Enterprise Center|
|American Collegiate Hockey Association National Championships||March 10-20||Centene Community Ice Center|
|NCAA Division II Wrestling Championships||March 11-12||Chaifetz Arena|
|NCAA Division II Women’s Lacrosse Championship||May 20-22||Harlen C. Hunter Stadium (Lindenwood University)|
|NASCAR Cup Series Race||June 5||World Wide Technology Raceway|
|Bommarito Automotive Group 500 INDYCAR Series Race||August 20||World Wide Technology Raceway|
|Biz Dash 5K presented by World Wide Technology||September (Date TBD)||Downtown St. Louis|
|Ascension Charity Classic presented by Emerson||September 5-11||Norwood Hills Country Club|
|The Musial Awards presented by Maryville University||November 19||Stifel Theatre|
To see a list of the organization’s entire board of directors, visit stlsports.org/board.