A catalyst for civic benefit, economic development and charitable good, the St. Louis Sports Commission has been recognized as a leader in its industry and in the community.
We are one of only two organizations in the country to win the National Association of Sports Commissions’ prestigious Member of the Year Award three times (2002, 2005 and 2013).
Here is a list of awards and honors the Sports Commission has been grateful to receive for its impact on the St. Louis region.
- 2000 Sporting News “Best Sports City”
- 2001 St. Louis RCGA “Sold on Saint Louis” Award
- 2002 National Association of Sports Commissions “Member of the Year”
- 2002 Saint Louis Attractions Association “Spirit of St. Louis” Award
- 2003 National Association of Sports Commissions Outstanding Website
- 2005 National Association of Sports Commissions “Member of the Year”
- 2005 Downtown St. Louis Partnership Levee Stone Award
- 2006 FOCUS St. Louis “What’s Right With the Region” Award
- 2006 Epworth Children and Family Services “Pillar of Strength” Award
- 2006 Saint Louis University Soccer “Twelfth Man” Award
- 2007 St. Louis RCGA Top 50 Award
- 2010 Saint Louis Attractions Association “Spirit of St. Louis Hall of Fame” Award
- 2011 Institute For International Sport “Extraordinary Contribution to Fair Play” Award
- 2011 Mathews-Dickey Boys’ & Girls’ Club Benjamin F. Edwards III Memorial Award
- 2013 National Association of Sports Commissions “Sports Commission of the Year”
- 2022 Saint Louis Attractions Association “Spirit of St. Louis” Award
Awards of recognition and commendation from Maryville University, NCAA, the National Wrestling Coaches Association, Spirit of St. Louis Marathon, State Games of America, USA Diving, and USA Gymnastics.